Wednesday, January 20, 2021

The Murdering Wives Club

Welcome to my review of The Murdering Wives Club which is been hosted by Booksirens 



Rating: 5

Genre: historical mystery

Would I recommend it? Yes

Would I read more by this author? Yes

 For off a big thanks to Booksirens , the publisher Poolbeg Press, and the author Sharon Thompson for the invite to read and review it. As soon as I saw the cover I knew that I wanted to read it and as soon as I read the synopsis it had me wanting to knew more, and man am I so glad that I decided to pick it up because it had me hooked after just reading a few paragraphs. It had everything in it that I love about a historical mystery which is :Riveting characters, a fresh plot, and the setting ,as well as the written style of the author.As for the the style it made the story flow together and I can see this as a tv show if done right.



 A gripping historical mystery, where women take charge and strive for power.


The Murdering Wives Club is a support group for women who wish to murder their husbands. Or so the rumour goes.


Returning home from World War II, Laurie Davenport is blind and traumatised. He is also convinced that his wife, Charlotte, is trying to kill him. With the help of his assistant, the enigmatic Norah Walsh, Laurie hunts for proof of these killer women.


Then convicted Irish murderer Eve Good claims to have belonged to a club of murdering wives called The Sinful Roses. She agrees to recount her harrowing crimes to Laurie and Norah.


Can Eve Good shed light on this obscure matter? Can a blind, amateur detective succeed in exposing this terrifying group of murdering women? And in his darkened world, whom can he trust .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pharmythology

Welcome to my reading corner , where we talk about the books I've read and think you should know about , and that you might be intereste...