Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Hitler's American Gamble: Pearl Harbor and Germany’s March to Global War

 


Welcome to my reading corner , where we talk about the books I've read and think you should know about , and that you might be interested in. And this week its the other 
audiobook,and its the 3rd one of 6  , so pull up a set and if you want to get a drink.
As before welcome to my reading corner and a big thank you to  Hachette Audio's for gifting me 
Title:Hitler's American Gamble: Pearl Harbor and Germany’s March to Global War
Author:by Brendan Simms, Charlie Laderman 
Narrated by Damian Lynch
Length: 16 hours 31 minutes 
Nonfiction 
Unabridged 
Publication date: Nov 15, 2021 
Got it though Libro.fm
rating: 5

Would I recommend it ? Yes
Would I read more by these authors: Yes 
Would I listing to more audiobooks been narrated by Damian Lynch , the answer to that is yes as well.

Like always I  want to say a  huge  thank you to the publisher  Hachette Audio,  the authors  Brendan Simms, Charlie Laderman  well as to Nita Basu and Jasmine Normall ,because with out their hard work I wouldn't be finding new authors or new audiobooks to like . And with out them I would have never knew about this one at all.In fact I was like lets just go and see what new ones they had to offer since the month before I didn't see any that I wanted to read/listing to and this time around I found not one but 6 of them and this one of the 6 . As soon as I saw it , I was like yes please because it fit in to 3 things I love : nonfiction about WW 2, history and it was unabridged which is the best way to read or even listing to books and audiobooks. As for the story itself, it   was revealing,and a  captivating account of the five historically significant days from December 6th to December 11th, 1941. The story just came to life right before your eyes and the narrator does an amazing job of bring it all together , the people , the history as well as the places that he talks about. There was times I would say I'll just listen to one more chapter but then I would end up listing to 4 or five chapters because I was hooked. 


A riveting account of the five most crucial days in twentieth-century diplomatic history: from Pearl Harbor to Hitler’s declaration of war on the United States

By early December 1941, war had changed much of the world beyond recognition. Nazi Germany occupied most of the European continent, while in Asia, the Second Sino-Japanese War had turned China into a battleground. But these conflicts were not yet inextricably linked—and the United States remained at peace.

Hitler’s American Gamble recounts the five days that upended everything: December 7 to 11. Tracing developments in real time and backed by deep archival research, historians Brendan Simms and Charlie Laderman show how Hitler’s intervention was not the foolhardy decision of a man so bloodthirsty that he forgot all strategy, but a calculated risk that can only be understood in a truly global context. This book reveals how December 11, not Pearl Harbor, was the real watershed that created a world war and transformed international history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Corner Journal 2024 ( April)

Welcome to my reading Corner Journal,  this is the place where I'll be keep track of what books I've read each month.   April  Books...