Friday, March 4, 2022

The Family


Welcome to my reading corner , where we talk about the books I've read and think you should know about , and that you might be interested in. From the bad to good, to even audiobooks  and before you ask you did read that right,buts its a new a year and I'm slowly getting in to them but I'm still going to be reading more books then audio books , each month the plan is to try and listing to 2 or 3 audio books and then talk about them  , so pull up a set and if you want to get a drink.And a big thank you to  Hachette Audio's for 




Note : just getting around to post this , read this back in February

Title: The Family 

Auhtor: Ed Sanders

Narrated : Rhett Samuel Price

Length : 24 hours 1 minute

Genre: Nonfiction - true crime

Rating: 4

Would I recommend it? Yes

Would I read more by this author? Yes

Would I listen to more of this narrator ? Yes 

First off  like always I  want to say a  huge  thank you to the publisher Hachette Audio , the author  Ed Sanders,well as to Nita Basu and Jasmine Normall for their hard work and to anyone else I forgotten for their hard work as well as letting me know about this audiobook because it was right up my alley. I do have to say that going in to it I already knew somethings about Charles Manson and his crazy family thanks to watching the movie Helter Skelter as well as reading the book by the same name , but this book brought to life stuff about them and him I had no idea about, like the fact Charles Manson visited parts of my home state which is WV ( West Virginia) a few times looking for his mother, or that even today this there are police looking into cold case still to this day because when they happened , some of the family was in and around there locations.And the book ( The Family ) brought even more to life just how crazy and out of it he and the family was . But I do have to say that will this one is good , I still like the Helter Skelter one the best, as for the narrator , he did an amazing job as well as the voice he did for Charles Manson which give him an even creepier feeling .


In August of 1969, during two bloody evenings of paranoid, psychedelic savagery, Charles Manson and his dystopic communal family helped to wreck the dreams of the Love Generation. At least nine people were murdered, among them Sharon Tate, the young, beautiful, pregnant, actress and wife of Roman Polanski. Ed Sanders' unnerving and detailed look at the horror dealt by Manson and his followers is a classic of the true-crime genre. The Family was originally published in 1971 and remains the most meticulously researched account of the most notorious murders of the 1960s. Using firsthand accounts from some of the family's infamous members, including the wizard himself, Sanders examines not only the origins and legacy of Manson and his family, but also the mysteries that persist. Completely revised and updated, this edition features 25 harrowing black and white photos from the investigation. "One of the best-researched, best-written, thoroughly-constructed, and eminently significant books of our times…. A masterpiece."—Boston Phoenix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Corner Journal 2024 ( April)

Welcome to my reading Corner Journal,  this is the place where I'll be keep track of what books I've read each month.   April  Books...