Sunday, April 17, 2022

Treasured: How Tutankhamun Shaped a Century



Title :Treasured: How Tutankhamun Shaped a Century
Author:Christina Riggs
Narrated by Mary Jane Wells
Duration : 11 hr 14 57s
Rating: 5
Would I recommend it ? Yes
Would I read more by this author ? It would depend on the book but if its about Ancient Egypt then yes
Would I listing to this narrator again ? Yes

like always I  want to say a  huge  thank you to the publisher Hachette Audio  , the author  Christina Riggs ,  as  well as to Nita Basu and Jasmine Normall for their hard work and to anyone else I forgotten.If you like to read about the past like I do , and Ancient Egypt and love anything that deals with
Archaeology then this for you or a love one that's int to it or even studying it . The audiobook even comes with a PDF that is black and white photos so while your listing to the audio book , you can look at the photos like I did, which helped bring the past to life. One of the the things I loved was that the author knew her stuff and that she not only showcases the discovery of the pharaoh, but of Howard Carter, and everything in between , as well as talks about the other people who was there when the discover was made ( those I didn't knew about because it seems like their never talked about)


When it was found in 1922, the 3,300-year old tomb of Tutankhamun sent shockwaves around the world, turning the boy-king into a household name overnight and kickstarting an international media obsession that endures to this day.

From pop culture and politics to tourism and heritage, and from the Jazz Age to the climate crisis, it's impossible to imagine the twentieth century without the discovery of Tutankhamun - yet so much of the story remains untold. Here, for the first time, Christina Riggs weaves compelling historical analysis with tales of lives touched by an encounter with Tutankhamun, including her own. Treasured offers a bold new history of the young pharaoh who has as much to tell us about our world as his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Corner Journal 2024 ( April)

Welcome to my reading Corner Journal,  this is the place where I'll be keep track of what books I've read each month.   April  Books...