Friday, February 19, 2021

The Silenced Women

 Welcome to my review of The Silenced Women

Who will speak for those who no longer can?

The Silenced Women

Serires: Violent Crime Investigations Team #1

Author: Fredrick Weisel

Pub date:Feb 2,2021

Genre: Police procedural

Pages : 400 

My thoughts

Rating : 4

First off I  want to say a  huge  thank you to the publisher Poisoned Pen Press,  the author Frederick Weisel, and to NetGalley for letting me read and request it:What a great start to a new series , it has a lot of stuff in that I love when it comes to my thrillers:  creepy characters , not sure who's telling the telling  or not, team members who work will together and in their own way bring something to the story. And the main character who you can relate to, which I can to the main character and team leader Eddie Mahler ( who has migraines just like me , and the author was spot on about them, because when they hit , they come out of no where and make it impossible to do anything , all you want is a dark room and some time by yourself ). Another thing I liked was that no matter how bad it got for Mahler ,he still put the case before himself. As for the twists and turns they kept me on my toes so much that I didn't want to stop reading it at all. What else can I say except that it was a solid read that didn't let me down and I can't wait for the next book .



When a young woman is found strangled to death and left on a park bench in Santa Rosa, California, Detective Eddie Mahler and his Violent Crime Investigations (VCI) Team are called to the scene. The crime immediately thrusts Mahler back to two unsolved homicides--young women who were also strangled--at this same location a couple of years earlier. His inability to find evidence against the man he knows was responsible for their deaths has haunted him since.


Now suffering from chronic migraines that affect his vision, Mahler has secretly lost faith in the investigation process, and must rely more than ever on his team. Its newest member, Eden Somers, is a former FBI analyst whose ability to completely immerse herself in the evidence of a case proves both a gift and a curse. While Eden dives deep into the cold case evidence, the rest of the team chase leads to identify the latest victim, and discover that her death might be the work of a different killer altogether. Now Mahler and his team are fighting on two fronts to discover who stole the very breath from these women, and to stop the killer before he silences another victim.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Corner Journal 2024 ( April)

Welcome to my reading Corner Journal,  this is the place where I'll be keep track of what books I've read each month.   April  Books...