Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Such A Quiet Place

  Welcome to my review for Such a Quiet Place




We had no warning that she’d come back.

My thoughts

Rating: 4

Would I recommend it? Yes

Would I read more by this author ? Yes, because she's one of my go to authors to read when I just want to get lost in a story and she's never once disappointed me with any of her books.

First off I  want to say a  huge  thank you to the publisher Simon Schuster ,  the author Megan Miranda, and to NetGalley for inviting me to read and review it, as soon as I saw the email I was like yes please because I had no idea she was coming out with a new book and Simon Schuster has never let me down with their books that they've invited me to read at least when it comes to their thrillers . Plus this is one book I would pick up in a heart beat even if it wasn't a Megan Miranda book, there's something about books that I like when they take place in either a small town or a small neighborhood where everyone seems to know each others business as well as having secrets that are waiting to come out and there's always someone who's willing to go that extra mile to keep them even if it means murder. So set back and enjoy a book that has all of the stuff in it that a small neighborhood has which is mystery,  drama, secrets, and it even  its every own friendly murderer living in it. 



Hollow’s Edge used to be a quiet place. A private and idyllic neighborhood where neighbors dropped in on neighbors, celebrated graduation and holiday parties together, and looked out for one another. But then came the murder of Brandon and Fiona Truett. A year and a half later, Hollow’s Edge is simmering. The residents are trapped, unable to sell their homes, confronted daily by the empty Truett house, and suffocated by their trial testimonies that implicated one of their own. Ruby Fletcher. And now, Ruby’s back.


With her conviction overturned, Ruby waltzes right back to Hollow’s Edge, and into the home she once shared with Harper Nash. Harper, five years older, has always treated Ruby like a wayward younger sister. But now she’s terrified. What possible good could come of Ruby returning to the scene of the crime? And how can she possibly turn her away, when she knows Ruby has nowhere to go?


Within days, suspicion spreads like a virus across Hollow’s Edge. It’s increasingly clear that not everyone told the truth about the night of the Truett’s murders. And when Harper begins receiving threatening notes, she realizes she has to uncover the truth before someone else becomes the killer’s next victim.


2 comments:

  1. Getting reviews is very difficult for an Indie author. https://usbookreviews.com/ is an affordable service to get high-quality reviews and gain visibility for your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, but I'm glad i give this one a try because it had everything i love and i love how this author dose her stories

      Delete

Reading Corner Journal 2024 ( April)

Welcome to my reading Corner Journal,  this is the place where I'll be keep track of what books I've read each month.   April  Books...