Sunday, March 7, 2021

While Paris Slept

 Welcome to my review of While Paris Slept


My thoughts

Rating: 5

Genre: Historical fiction WW 2

Pages : 449

Would I recommend it? Yes

Would I read more by this author? Yes

First off I  want to say a  huge  thank you to the publisher Grand Central Publishing-  Hachette Book Group,  and  the author Ruth Druart for sending me a this beautiful hardback copy to read and review. And now on to what I thought of the book, first lets talk about what I look for when I go in and read a historical fiction book based on WW 2 and I tend to read a lot of them since reading nonfiction about WW 2 is one of my favorite topics to read and learn about : so when it comes to this type of book there are 4 things: and yes I say this every time when it comes to a WW 2 based story, why because this simple things can either make or break a historical based book or so I think so:

 1: author has done their research


2: they bring their characters and their settings to life 


3: they make you feel everything that the characters feel 


4: and by the end of the book your a emotional wreck 

Which in this case the author has done so , so much so that though out the book I had to put it down a few times because of how the characters made me feel. And while the story is told in  points of views , it easy to get lost in their stories and feel everything that they felt and went though. It helps bring the story to life as well as make the characters that much real in a way that you can almost reach out and touch them. With that said its an  amazing book of love, determination, and self-sacrifice. and how far will we go for our children. as well as  very emotional story so be ready for the tears to come,


One woman must make the hardest decision of her life in this unforgettably moving story of resistance and faith during one of the darkest times in history.


Santa Cruz, 1953. Jean-Luc is a man on the run from his past. The scar on his face is a small price to pay for surviving the horrors of Nazi occupation in France. Now, he has a new life in California, a family. He never expected the past to come knocking on his door.


Paris, 1944. A young Jewish woman's past is torn apart in a heartbeat. Herded onto a train bound for Auschwitz, in an act of desperation she entrusts her most precious possession to a stranger. All she has left now is hope.


On a darkened platform, two destinies become intertwined, and the choices each person makes will change the future in ways neither could have imagined.


Told from alternating perspectives, While Paris Slept reflects on the power of love, resilience, and courage when all seems lost. Exploring the strength of family ties, and what it really means to love someone unconditionally, this debut novel will capture your hear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Corner Journal 2024 ( April)

Welcome to my reading Corner Journal,  this is the place where I'll be keep track of what books I've read each month.   April  Books...