Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Mercy

 


Welcome to my reading corner , where we talk about the books I've read and think you should know about , and that you might be interested in. From the bad to good, to even audiobooks  and before you ask you did read that right,buts its a new a year and I'm slowly getting in to them but I'm still going to be reading more books then audio books , each month the plan is to try and listing to 2 or 3 audio books and then talk about them  , so pull up a set and if you want to get a drink. And a big thank you to  Hachette Audio's for 


Title : Mercy
Series: Atlee Pine
Author: David Baldacci
Narrated by : Brittany Pressley and Kyf Brewer
Rating: 3
Length: 11 hrs and 57 mins 24s
Unabridged Audiobook

Would I recommend it? Yes, but before I would listing to this one I would go ahead and read the rest the series first.
Would I read more of this series ?Yes 
Would I read more by this author? Yes , in fact I have book 3 to this series to read and one other one to read as well.

Like always I  want to say a  huge  thank you to the publisher  Hachette Audio,  the authors  Ann Burgess & Steven Constantine as  well as to Nita Basu and Jasmine Normall for their hard work and to anyone else I forgotten .I do have to say once again that you must read this series in order because without the back stories the author give on who is who in this book I would have been a bit last but after here those back stories , I was able to just set back and enjoy the story , do I wish I had read the others fist yes but over all I still ending up enjoy this one .I do have to say that the author tells a story and that he has you wishing the best for the both of them, even though this is the first book this author that I've read , I can't wait to see what more of his work is like, but there is just one thing about this book that I didn't like and that it was like we saw more of Mercy then Atlee but that could just be me, as for the narrators they pulled off an amazing job bring the 2 very different sisters to life as well the rest of the characters .

FBI Agent Atlee Pine’s harrowing search for her long-lost sister Mercy reaches a boiling point in this breakneck thriller from number one New York Times best-selling author David Baldacci.

For her entire life, FBI agent Atlee Pine has been searching for her twin sister, Mercy, who was abducted at the age of six and never seen again. Mercy’s disappearance left behind a damaged family that later shattered beyond repair when Atlee’s parents inexplicably abandoned her.

Now, after a perilous investigation that nearly proved fatal, Atlee has finally discovered not only the reason behind her parents’ abandonment and Mercy’s kidnapping, but also the most promising breakthrough yet: proof that Mercy survived her abduction and then escaped her captors many years ago.

Though Atlee is tantalizingly close to her family at last, the final leg of her long road to Mercy will be the most treacherous yet. Mercy left at least one dead body behind before fleeing her captors years before. Atlee has no idea if her sister is still alive, and if so, how she has been surviving all this time. When the truth is finally revealed, Atlee Pine will face the greatest danger yet, and it may well cost her everything

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Corner Journal 2024 ( April)

Welcome to my reading Corner Journal,  this is the place where I'll be keep track of what books I've read each month.   April  Books...