Saturday, March 30, 2019

Closer Than You Think

Title : Closer Than You Think
Author : Darren O'Sullivan
Genre: Mystery/thriller
Pages:277
Date March 15th 2019 
Netgalley
He’s watching. She’s waiting.
Having barely escaped the clutches of a serial killer, Claire Moore has struggled to rebuild her life. After her terrifying encounter with the man the media dubbed The Black-Out Killer, she became an overnight celebrity: a symbol of hope and survival in the face of pure evil. And then the killings stopped.
Now ten years have passed, and Claire remains traumatised by her brush with death. Though she has a loving and supportive family around her, what happened that night continues to haunt her still.
Just when things are starting to improve, there is a power cut; a house fire; another victim found killed in the same way as before.
The Black-Out Killer is back. And he’s coming for Claire…
My thoughts 
Would I recommend it? Yes
Would I read anything else by him? yes
What a read, its dark , creepy , chilling, all rolled up in to one , its not the type of book you would want to read at night if your alone , I do have to say that it does have bring up drinking problems and abuse. At first while reading the story I couldn't stand Claire because of how she acted , she was always taking the blame on to herself about the fire ,and her's husband's death, but neither was her fault ,it was the killer's and someone else's for letting the killer in to their lives. But the more  I read the more I saw her come into herself and she stopped being afraid,So much so she was ready to fight finally. And the ending , wow what a n ending ,so much so I didn't see it coming . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Half Gone

 Welcome to my show case for Good Half Gone which is been hosted by Harlequin “911, WHAT IS your emergency?” “Hello? Help me, please! They t...