Thursday, May 7, 2020

Darling Rose Gold

49223060. sy475
Title: Darling Rose Gold 
Author: Stephanie Wrobel
Genre: Psychological thriller
Rating: 4
After serving five years in prison, Patty gets out with nowhere to go and begs her daughter to take her in. The entire community is shocked when Rose Gold says yes. Patty insists all she wants is to reconcile their differences. She says she's forgiven Rose Gold for turning her in and testifying against her. But Rose Gold knows her mother. Patty Watts always settles a score.

My thoughts
Would I recommended it? Yes
Would I read anything else by this author? Yes
First off I want to say going in to this story I knew a little bit about the case that its based on since I tend to read  a lot of true crime novels, listen to true crime podcast as well as watch the true crime tv shows. But until I saw this one NetGalley I had no idea that someone wrote a story based on that case and I would say that I time I was kind of hesitant to request it because I found out in the past that when a book is fiction and its based on a true crime and while the author has done their homework and put their time and effort in it that it just doesn't come off the way the author wants it to. But with this one I would have to say the author not only did her homework but she pulled it together really well.I don't know how but she did , and she did it in away that the story itself is dark and twisted as well as been creepy. And how she wrote the mother, wow she's not mother of the year that's for sure in fact she's down right disturbing and insane. While Rose Gold heself is just as twist maybe more so then her mother , lets me put it this way I would never want to be in a room with with either one of them. With that said I want to thank NetGalley for letting me read and review it .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Half Gone

 Welcome to my show case for Good Half Gone which is been hosted by Harlequin “911, WHAT IS your emergency?” “Hello? Help me, please! They t...