Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Hidden Lake

welcome to my review of Hidden Lake
My thoughts
Rating: 5
Genre: 
Would I recommend it?Yes
Would I read more of the series? Yes
Would I read more by this author? Yes
For a first book by a new author , she's  off to a great  start with this series, from the very start it had me hooked and I had to know what happened next . And I'm so glad that I requested as soon as I saw it on Netgalley , it was the title that made it want to get it as well as the cover. And the characters themselves was great as well but my favorite character is Mackenzie. The story line was wrote in a way that once you started reading it had you hook, line and sinker.That no matter how hard you tried to put down the book you just couldn't , because  of suspense, secrets, crime, lies, secrets, friendship and the twist and turns that came at you , and as your  setting at the edge of your set you wounder what else could go wrong, with that said I want to thank NetGalley for letting me read and review it.

53638248. sy475

Title: Hidden Lake
Series:(Detective Mackenzie Price #1
Author"  
Genre:Crime Fiction
Bookouture
August 19th ,2020
How many secrets can one town bury?

When she was just twelve years old, Mackenzie Price came home to find her father bleeding to death on the kitchen floor. She will never forget that night, nor what her mother asked her to do…

Twenty years later, Detective ‘Mack’ Price is back in Lakemore, despite vowing never to return. Determined to atone for the sins of the past, she is unstoppable in her quest for justice.

When eighteen-year-old Abigail Correia goes missing, Mack is convinced that the case is linked to Erica Perez, who disappeared exactly one year before. Unlike Abby, Erica is the daughter of one of the town’s most powerful men, but still no trace of her has been found.

As Mack endeavours to find Abby and bring her back alive, she and her team unearth a shocking secret at the heart of this small town. But that is not the only secret that lurks beneath the surface, as Mack knows only too well…

The first book in the Detective Mack Price series, Hidden Lake is a haunting and utterly unputdownable crime thriller, perfect for fans of Lisa Regan, Angela Marsons and Karin Slaughter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Corner Journal 2024 ( April)

Welcome to my reading Corner Journal,  this is the place where I'll be keep track of what books I've read each month.   April  Books...