Saturday, July 11, 2020

The Next Widow

Welcome to my review of The Next Widow
My thoughts
Rating: 5
Would I recommend it? Yes
Would I read more of the series? Yes, 
Would I read more of this author? Yes,but only if their'll like this.
First off I want to thank Bookoutre, Netgalley and especially C.J. Lyons for letting me read and request this as soon as I saw it NetGalley because I knew it would be something that I would pick up and read and man was I right. Because right from the start I was hooked to point that I didn't want to stop reading and that I just wanted to set there and read. And even though this is my first time reading anything by this author,I now want to more of this series to read. There was twist and turns and all kinds of questions that I kept asking myself, like who would want to kill the husband so bad, was it something linked to his work , or maybe even to Leah's work, or did Leah really have something to do with her husband's murder.So if you'll looking for  heart pounding edge of your seat thriller then you might want to check this one out.

53548369. sy475

Title: The Next Widow
Series: Jericho and Wright thrillers #1
Author: C J Lyons
Genre: Thriller
Pages: 376
Bookoutre
July 28 ,2020
A gripping crime thriller with unputdownable suspense

In the distance Leah heard sirens. She ignored them. Right now, her daughter needed her and Emily was just out of reach, curled up under the bed, her eyes closed, desperately shaking. Leah did the only thing any mother would do. She crawled through the blood to get to her daughter.

Dr Leah Wright returned to her childhood home in rural Pennsylvania with her husband to find peace and quiet, start afresh and raise her six-year-old daughter Emily. But when she gets home one dark winter night, clutching roses in her hand, she finds her daughter huddled under her bed and her husband’s blood all over the floor...

When Detective Luka Jericho is called to investigate, he’s shocked to learn that the killer left a witness behind – the victim’s young daughter. The scene is a painful reminder of his fiancé’s unsolved death, and he is desperate to find out what Emily saw that night. He knows that the killer could still be out there, waiting to strike again.

But growing up, Leah learned the hard way that the only person she could rely on was herself. And it’s not until she and Emily are attacked again that she realizes just how close the killer is. Can she trust Luka to keep her daughter safe?

4 comments:

  1. I don't read a lot of mysteries/suspense any more (I used to read like 2 a week... but then life happened) but this sounds really good. I'll have to see if I can get a copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand about life getting in the way, and I'm so glad you want to read it

      Delete
  2. Ooh sounds interesting. I love a good mystery!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete

Reading Corner Journal 2024 ( April)

Welcome to my reading Corner Journal,  this is the place where I'll be keep track of what books I've read each month.   April  Books...