Thursday, July 2, 2020

The Revolutionary and the Rogue

My Thoughts

Rating: 5

Would I recommend it? Yes , but to only the ones that love to read type of romance.

Would I read more by this author? Yes

First off I want to thank the publisher for me read and request it on NetGalley , because as soon as I saw that cover and read what the book was about I knew I had to see if I could get it to read. The author has done an amazing job on bring the history alive as well as making the  atmosphere so rich, and layered and detailed, it lets you be fully enveloped in murky, dark, post-Revolution France. There’s danger, action, some twists, turns and quite a bit of heroism.Plus I got the feeling that the author made that time period come to life, that you can and did feel everything the characters went though. So with that said I want to thank NetGalley as well for letting me read and review it.

 

 

Title: The Revolutionary and the Rogue
by Blake Ferre

Genre :Historical Romance ( m/m romance)

Perrin deVesey knows pain. As a member of Crimson Rose, a secret club for men who love men, he’s taken the vow “to stand and shield.” Standing together during these perilous times is the only thing keeping their necks from the guillotine. Now their leader is using the club to rescue wrongly accused traitors. After losing a past lover to an unjust execution, the decision to support this treasonous cause is easy…until a devastatingly handsome Committee Officer complicates Perrin’s whole world.

Officer Henri Chevalier hates aristocrats. But the man he finds while investigating Crimson Rose is more than just wealthy and fancily clothed. He’s a rogue that could take him to the heart of the uprising and stop it before it starts. His plan to get close to Perrin and steal his secrets backfires, though, when Henri finds himself falling for the damned aristo and his dangerous smile. His heart is even more conflicted as he learns the truth behind their cause…and the truth his own people have been hiding.

Together they must make the choice—to stand and shield at any cost—and their love might be the deadliest weapon in all of France

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Corner Journal 2024 ( April)

Welcome to my reading Corner Journal,  this is the place where I'll be keep track of what books I've read each month.   April  Books...