Sunday, September 27, 2020

Secrets in the Dark

 Welcome to my review of Secrets In the Dark

There are eyes in the dark. There are whispers in the mist

My thoughts

My thoughts

Rating :5

Genre :apocalyptic Horror fiction

Series : Black Winter #2

Would i read more of the series ? Yes , in fact I've already read books 1-2, just need to get book 3 so i can read it and i have book 4 from NetGalley to read.

Would i recommend it? Yes, but only to the ones that love horror.But I'm already telling people they need to check her books out.

Would i read more by this author? Yes, she's one of 3 female horror authors i love to read.


Now on to my thoughts

First off I want to thank the publisher Poisoned Pen Press as well as NetGalley for letting me request and read her books, because with out them I would have never discovered one of my 3 favorite female horror authors. And one of my favorite series to read which is this one. I love how dark and creepy it , how i'm always screaming in my head no don't go there , as well as setting on the edge of my set reading the next page to see what happens next. Love the 2 main character s, and how atmosphere also helps bring the story to life, all the time it brings the creepiness and the feel that your been watched and hunting from the shadows which I loved, I thought the first book was spooky and dark but this one is so much more and after reading this one I can't wait to pick up book 3. Like I said before the twists and turns in this installment had me setting on the edge of my bed and had me sleeping with the lights on since I didn't want anything to come at me while I sleep. And even then there was a time I jumped up awoken when something woke  me  up, with with my heart  thundering in my chest. So if you like books like that check this series out. 




Winterbourne Hall is not safe. Even as Clare and Dorran scramble to secure the ancient building against ravenous hollow ones, they face something far worse: Clare's sister has made contact, but she's trapped, and her oxygen is running out.

Hundreds of miles separate Clare from Beth. The land between them is infested with monsters, and the roads are a maze of dead ends. Clare has to choose between making a journey she knows she might not survive, or staying safe in Winterbourne and listening as her sister slowly suffocates.

At least, whatever her choice, she’ll have Dorran by her side. And yet there are eyes in the dark. There are whispers in the mist. There is danger lurking in the snow, and one false step could end it all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Corner Journal 2024 ( April)

Welcome to my reading Corner Journal,  this is the place where I'll be keep track of what books I've read each month.   April  Books...