Monday, May 3, 2021

The Stillwater Girls

Welcome to my review for The Stillwater Girls   




Title: The Stillwater Girls

Author: Minka Kent

Genre: Mystery

Pages :253

NetGalley ARC- Back listed TBR 2019

Picked for my by Louise-Ellen Bowling 


My thoughts

Rating : 5

Would I recommend it ? Yes 

Would I read more by this author ? Yes 

First off I  want to say a  huge  thank you to the publisher Thomas & Mercer ,  the author Minka Kent  , and to NetGalley for letting me read and review, I can't believe it took this long for me to pick it up to read, and now I've done so thanks to my friend Lousie- Ellen, now on to what I thought of it :Completely and utterly absorbed in the story, which means I was hooked right from the start, had to know what was going to happen next, in fact I by the end of the book I was setting on the edge of me set. And the characters was engaging right from the very start, the twist and turns it kept bring left me guessing on what was going to happen next . Can't wait to see what this author comes up with next,



Two sisters raised in fear are about to find out why in a chilling novel of psychological suspense from the author of The Thinnest Air.


Ignorant of civilization and cautioned against its evils, nineteen-year-old Wren and her two sisters, Sage and Evie, were raised in off-the-grid isolation in a primitive cabin in upstate New York. When the youngest grows gravely ill, their mother leaves with the child to get help from a nearby town. And they never return.


As months pass, hope vanishes. Supplies are low. Livestock are dying. A brutal winter is bearing down. Then comes the stranger. He claims to be looking for the girls’ mother, and he’s not leaving without them.


To escape, Wren and her sister must break the rule they’ve grown up with: never go beyond the forest.


Past the thicket of dread, they come upon a house on the other side of the pines. This is where Wren and Sage must confront something more chilling than the unknowable. They’ll discover what’s been hidden from them, what they’re running from, and the secrets that have left them in the dark their entire lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Half Gone

 Welcome to my show case for Good Half Gone which is been hosted by Harlequin “911, WHAT IS your emergency?” “Hello? Help me, please! They t...