Tuesday, June 23, 2020

A Whisker In The Dark

A Whisker in the Dark

Series:Oyster Cove Guesthouse #2

Leighann Dobbs

Genre: Cozy mystery 

Rating: 4

Discovering the 300-year-old skeleton of shipping tycoon Jedediah Biddeford in the ballroom wall is a big old hassle for Josie Waters, owner of the Oyster Cove Guesthouse. Especially when Biddeford’s descendants turn up, certain that a family legend about treasure buried nearby must be true.

Josie is too busy dreaming up the perfect cake for the Oyster Cove’s 250th anniversary celebration to worry about the Biddeford family – plus half the town – digging up her yard... until one of her guests is murdered in the guesthouse garden.

With worries that her guesthouse will get a reputation for being the kind of place you only leave in a body , Josie must put her detective skills to work to find the killer. Lucky for her, Nero and Marlowe and their gang of cat sleuths are also on the case.

From the old wharf, to the town common, to the guesthouse itself with its many nooks and crannies, the cats are sure to sniff out the killer… but can they help Josie stop the person behind the mysterious murder before they strike again?

 

My thoughts

Would I recommend it? Yes

Would I read more of the series? Yes, in fact I have book 3 to read and review .

Would I read more by this author? Yes

For a second book in a series I actually liked this one away better then I did the first one ,the main character seemed to have growing some and the cats was still my favorite characters, plus the characters seem to come to life more in this one then in the first book.And i had to laugh because no matter how Josie tried to do somethings they never seemed to work out right . So if your looking for book that is nothing but craziness then check this one out, with that said I want to say think you to NetGalley for for letting me read it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Half Gone

 Welcome to my show case for Good Half Gone which is been hosted by Harlequin “911, WHAT IS your emergency?” “Hello? Help me, please! They t...