Friday, June 19, 2020

The Family Secret

Title: The Family Secret

Formal Title: he Perfect Sister

Author: Sheryl Brown

Genre: psychological thriller

Rating: 5

Claire always wished for a sister. But should you be careful what you wish for?

Claire has spent her whole marriage trying to be the perfect wife and mother – supporting her husband as he goes for promotions and always making sure she’s there to tuck her daughter into bed each night. But little does she know that almost everyone around her has been keeping secrets that could ruin the life she’s worked so hard to create.

Growing up with warring parents and an often absent father, Claire has always wanted to give her daughter Ella the dream childhood she wishes she’d had. So, when she discovers her husband Luke has been having an affair, Claire is left wondering how she can possibly keep her daughter’s world from crumbling.

Then Claire receives a text message from someone called Sophie that simply reads – ‘You don’t know me, but I’m your sister’. At first, she’s shocked. And Sophie’s appearance raises questions Claire would like to put to her elderly father before it’s too late. But as she gets to know Sophie – who is so like her in so many ways – she can’t help but be delighted to finally have the sibling she always dreamed of.

As the two women become inseparable, Claire leans on her new sister more and more, ultimately asking her to move into the family home and trusting her with Ella. But when the unthinkable happens and Claire fears for her daughter’s life, she starts to wonder whether her new sister is exactly who she says she is.

One thing Claire knows is that telling the perfect lie seems to run in the family.

 

My thoughts

Would I recommend it? Yes

Would I read more by this author? Yes, in fact this is my 4th psychological thriller by since I've started reading her.

This sin't my first time reading this author as I said up above this this my fourth time reading her , so far I've read and loved.

The Babysitter

The Second Wife

The Marriage Trap

And all has been 5 stars for me, and now this one , it seems that I like going for her psychological thriller, and the darker the better. Man this didn't let me down at ll, it was everything I was hoping it would be and more. It was dark, and twisted, and the characters seemed to jump right off the page at you. Plus it also brought up some topics about dementia and Hemophilia,as for the story itself it had everything in that I love in a good dark and twisted thriller: Secrets, lies, betrayals, infidelity, mistrust, cons, revenge plots, chilling mind games, and by the time you get to the end of you won't be trusting anyone of them or even wanting to know them . With that said I want to thank NetGalley for letting me read and review it .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Half Gone

 Welcome to my show case for Good Half Gone which is been hosted by Harlequin “911, WHAT IS your emergency?” “Hello? Help me, please! They t...