Friday, June 19, 2020

:Coached to Death

Title :Coached to Death

Series : The Life Coach Mysteries #1)

Author : Victoria Laurie

Genre: cozy mystery

Rating: 4

When Catherine Cooper settles in the Hamptons on the heels of a nasty split from her long-time husband, the luxurious coastal community seems like the perfect place to get back on track in style. But as Cat soon discovers, starting fresh on the East End can be deadly . . .
 
Cat Cooper never imagined selling off her in-demand marketing firm would mean going from the pinnacle of success to a walking hot mess. Gouged from an unexpected divorce, Cat suddenly finds herself struggling through a new career as a business-savvy life coach for the hopelessly adrift in East Hampton and contending with Heather Holland—a spiteful neighbor who will do anything to bully her out of town. But her second act may very well continue behind bars when Heather’s dead body turns up next to a shattered punchbowl . . . and Cat’s pinned as the murderer.
 
But given Heather’s mean girl reputation, any one of the guests at her invite-only luncheon could have committed the crime before planting Cat’s punchbowl next to the body. Determined not to trade designer duds for an unflattering prison jumpsuit, Cat sides with her best friend Gilley to scour chic boutiques and oceanfront mansions in search of the criminal who framed her. With a stoic detective looking to get her in cuffs, it’s up to Cat to catch the real killer and land on her feet once again . 

 

 

My thoughts

Would I recommend it? Yes

Would I read more of this series? Yes, in fact I have book 2 to read and after reading this I can wait to get to it.

Would I read more by this author? Yes

This my read of this author and I do have to say even though I haven't read anything else by her after reading this I can't wait to read read her other stuff, I loved the characters, loved the craziness that Cat and her friend Gilley got into and I also liked how there was a character with ties to the LGTB community in it,One of the main things I loved was that even though Cat  was highly successful, and smart, she was also funny and sassy.And the reason I loved  Gilley,  was his sense of humort hat was out of this world , he just has a way to say something and your smiling .
All the characters are human and believable.Another thing I liked about it was that for a cozy mystery it also touched up on a hard topic that you don't see in cozy mysteries and that's bulling or even suicide ,which was brought up and talked about. As for the two new guys in Cats life where there's a problem I can't decode which one I would love to see her with . With that said I want to thank NetGalley for letting me read and review it , and I can't wait to read the next book to the series .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pharmythology

Welcome to my reading corner , where we talk about the books I've read and think you should know about , and that you might be intereste...