Friday, June 12, 2020

The Finders

Title: The Finders

Series:Mace Reid K-9 Mystery #1

  Author:Jeffrey B. Burton

Genre:Mystery

Rating: 4

 

What happens when the hunter becomes the hunted?

Jeffrey B. Burton's The Finders marks the beginning of a fast-paced new mystery series featuring a heroic golden retriever cadaver dog named Vira and her handler, Mason Reid.


Mason "Mace" Reid lives on the outskirts of Chicago and specializes in human remains detection. He trains dogs to hunt for the dead. Reid’s coming off a taxing year—mourning the death of a beloved springer spaniel as well as the dissolution of his marriage. He adopts a rescue dog with a mysterious past—a golden retriever named Vira. And when Reid begins training Vira as a cadaver dog, he comes to realize just how special the newest addition to his family truly is…

Suddenly, Reid and his prize pupil find themselves hurled into a taxing murder case, which will push them to their very limits. Paired with determined Chicago Police Officer Kippy Gimm, Mace must put all his trust in Vira's abilities to thwart a serial killer who has now set his sights on Mace himself
 
My thoughts
Would I recommend it? Yes
Would I read more of this series? Yes
Would I read more by this author? Yes
At first I did know if I want to be made or if I want to hate this author because he made me cry not once but three times for something that happens in the book, but after reading more of it I started to enjoy the story and the inter action between the characters. Another thing this story has going for it is the promise and potential of it even though its a first book to a new series, and I loved the usage of old classic  country songs , songs that I actually know since I grew up listing to them and how they tie into the story. Another  thing was with every turn of the page you get to see how much Mace loves his dogs, their his fur babies,his family. as for the story itself the way the author writes the story in fascinating detail, just brings it more to life, and that along with have you hook and wanting to now more about what is happening ,with that said I want to says a big thanks to NetGalley foe letting me read and review it, and I can't wait for the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Half Gone

 Welcome to my show case for Good Half Gone which is been hosted by Harlequin “911, WHAT IS your emergency?” “Hello? Help me, please! They t...