Tuesday, June 16, 2020

One By One



Title: One by One

Author: Ruth Ware

Genre:Suspense

Rating: 5

Getting snowed in at a beautiful, rustic mountain chalet doesn’t sound like the worst problem in the world, especially when there’s a breathtaking vista, a cozy fire, and company to keep you warm. But what happens when that company is eight of your coworkers…and you can’t trust any of them? When an off-site compis: any retreat meant to promote mindfulness and collaboration goes utterly wrong when an avalanche hits, the corporate food chain becomes irrelevant and survival trumps togetherness. Come Monday morning, how many members short will the team be?

My thoughts

Would I recommend? Yes, in fact I've already started talking about it with my friends

Would I read more by this author? Yes

Wow now this is like the Ruth Ware I love even though I've only read 3 of her books which are In A Dark Dark Woods ( which I loved ) ,The Death of Mrs. Westaway ( another one I loved) and sadly I picked up The Turn of the Key (which I didn't like at all that one didn't seem like her books it wasn't dark and twist like her other two was), so when I saw this one NetGalley I knew I wanted to read it and had to request it, because of three things: 1: the author, 2 the title , and three both the title and the synopsis that gives me vibes of a Agatha Christie's book And Then Then Was None, in some ways its like that but in others ways its different.The parts that reminds me of Then There IS None,is how a group of people come together in a place that is in a creepy setting , what more can be creepy then an rustic mountain chalet in winter where there is one way out if you need help, the other way it remind me of it is how it seemed everyone had secrets and not good ones at that, and one by one those secrets came out and things start to go bad, and I mean bad. Which brings up the question who can you trust, will they get out, who's doing this and why and how is help if any can make it in time to save them, and why is happening. With that said if you like And Then there was None then you have to check this one.A big win I would say, as well as a big thanks NetGalley for letting me read and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Half Gone

 Welcome to my show case for Good Half Gone which is been hosted by Harlequin “911, WHAT IS your emergency?” “Hello? Help me, please! They t...