Thursday, October 1, 2020

The Lost Village

 Welcome to my review of The Lost Village


They are not alone.

They’re looking for the truth…
But what if it finds them first?

Come find out.

My thoughts

Would I recommend it ? Yes

Would I read anything else by this author? Yes

Rating:5

Genre:Horror fiction

Pub Date:March 23rd 2021 

Publisher:Minotaur Books

First off I want to thank the publisher Minotaur Books-St. Martin's Press for letting me read it as well as review and a big thanks to NetGalley as well. What can I say it was the perfect read for October 1,2020,started reading it as 12 am and didn't get to bed until almost 4 am, because I just could stop reading it or put it down, with each turn of the page something strange or creepy was happening. Right from the start I loved the atmosphere, the characters ( the characters not so much) and  the edge of your seat feeling you get when you know something is coming but you don't know what it is , I loved how it was told in the past and present and that you got to see the characters come to life, and there was times I was screaming at the characters not do that . Plus another thing I loved was how  creepy enough it was  to have me looking over my shoulder at every little noise.It was everything I was hoping it would be, creepy, dark, a bit twisted , a secret , a murder and a mystery of how an a hole group of people could just disappear off the face of the earth . 

The Blair Witch Project meets Midsommar in this brilliantly disturbing thriller from Camilla Sten, an electrifying new voice in suspense.


Documentary filmmaker Alice Lindstedt has been obsessed with the vanishing residents of the old mining town, dubbed “The Lost Village,” since she was a little girl. In 1959, her grandmother’s entire family disappeared in this mysterious tragedy, and ever since, the unanswered questions surrounding the only two people who were left—a woman stoned to death in the town center and an abandoned newborn—have plagued her. She’s gathered a small crew of friends in the remote village to make a film about what really happened.


But there will be no turning back.


Not long after they’ve set up camp, mysterious things begin to happen. Equipment is destroyed. People go missing. As doubt breeds fear and their very minds begin to crack, one thing becomes startlingly clear to Alice:


They are not alone.


They’re looking for the truth…

But what if it finds them first?


Come find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Corner Journal 2024 ( April)

Welcome to my reading Corner Journal,  this is the place where I'll be keep track of what books I've read each month.   April  Books...